The Spire Queenstown
Urban jetsetters and luxury aficionados looking for a discrete and chic hideaway while being centre stage can’t go past The Spire in Queenstown.
Ten identical, designer-savvy suites all with spacious and luxurious bathrooms to match, help make this my pick of where to stay in downtown Queenstown. Close to all the bars (Bar Up had me going till late) and the fabulous restaurants (list to follow), The Spire’s central location also enjoys magical views of the lake, the gondola and pine-covered mountains.
No5 Church Lane is the hotel’s in-house bar and restaurant and it’s here you get to experience international mixologists concocting a new summer cocktail list serving the perfect bar menu to match – please please try the duck or prawn rice paper rolls!
Service here at The Spire is impeccable and ultra discreet. Discerning clientele take note… you will be impressed by this hotels edgy style, all backed up with plenty of substance.
It was a fabulous stay and a big thank you to Gemma and Lucy who looked after us beautifully while making us feel right at home. We loved The Spire and would return in a heart beat.
International glamour in Queenstown… who knew?
Need to know:
- Suites are identical. Ones at the front have Lake Wakatipu and mountain views, suites at the back look over a leafy park.
- Suites feature King beds, a multi-media system with iPod connectivity, Wi-Fi galore and fine luxury furnishings. Once you check in, it’s all-encompassing luxury with a contemporary edge.
- There are open fires in every suite and perfectly presented champagne on arrival (way to my heart!). A half bottle Moet & Chandon no less … this hotel knows how to impress!
- Mini bar is complimentary – except the alcohol
- Don’t miss the breakfast at No5 Church Lane (it’s included in your rate) where local Otago sausages featured on my plate, they were delicious.
Queenstown is the prefect year round destination, any time of year you’ll find plenty to do. Ready to go? Contact me now!