I made my way to Stockholm after ILTM in Cannes with my only intention to see the latest luxury boutique hotel that’s on everyone’s lips – the gorgeous Ett Hem. I’d comfortably describe it as a boutique hotel with real soul – and that’s hard to do these days!
This is the new bench mark for designer stays. And while the hotel did not disappoint – in fact it could be the highlight of my year, what I found in Stockholm was so much more. I look good in Nordic style!
Envelope yourself in stylish sophistication here at Ett Hem, with interiors by Ilse Crawford, it’s like checking into a very chic friend’s home – think dove grey walls, parquet flooring and of course some very savvy Swedish design at every turn. Help yourself to a drink at the honour bar – order up some farm-to-table goodness from the kitchen (at any time) and settle into the Glass House – one of Ett Hem’s prettiest dining destinations. Nothing is off-limits here, ask and you shall receive, all in such understated style – I found it hard to leave.
I adored this hotel, it’s overwhelming sense of style and place is unmatched in this hotel realm. Get here quick and make sure you add Sweden and Stockholm to the very top of your 2015 travel wish list.
- Eat meatballs at Riche – the Stockholm brasserie institution serving up classic Swedish meatballs to see and be scene of Stockholm.
- Shop designer Swedish style at Svenskt Tenn – and stop by for tea in their Te Salong
- Dine at Town House Nosh & Chow with Ralph Lauren – esque interiors by Spanish designer Lazaro Rosa-Violan. Attracts a handsome, hot and hip crowd.
- Pick up your favourite BYREDO fragrance from cult Swedish perfumer Ben Gorham – try Baudelaire
- Swing by Acne Studios and add to your all navy collection with a few key pieces. This is de rigueur Swedish “must have” style
- Yes the city is expensive (so is Sydney!) but suck it up and move on, style comes at a price!
Contact me today and lets start planning your Swedish designer stay!